An Invitation to Take Part in a Public Art Project
for Lawrence County, Tennessee
A preliminary drawing of the proposed mural: “Justice Served”
- A mural inside the Lawrence County Courthouse, Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
- Depicting an important 1946 civil rights case in Lawrence County, where justice was served
- A young Thurgood Marshall, the first African American Justice of the U. S. Supreme Court, was the lead Defense attorney
- All contributors and supporters of this project will be recognized in a plaque adjacent to the mural.
- Click here to learn the full story of the event that sparked the trial.
Make a contribution toward this important, historic work of art!
To receive a receipt for tax deductible donations, please mail your check written to The Lawrenceburg Historical Society to: Bernice Davidson, P.O Box 259, Summertown, TN 38483
For more information, contact: email@example.com